Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wow what a week




Nephew Chad came in on Monday afternoon, and the fun began, we got him settled in and made plans for the week,Fishing, eating, fishing, eating did I mention fishing.  We took him to the Bakery Cafe for Chicken fried Steak, Linda had a Chulupa.  The steak is the best that I have ever had.  We got up on Tuesday and ran some errands and went wade fishing between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas didn't catch anything but had a great day, we went to bed that night early in order to get up at 4:15 am to go deep sea fishing on Wednesday.  The boat leaves at 6am and you need to be there and boarding at 5am.  We left at 6am on a 12 hour trip.  We had a great time and limited out on every specie of fish that we went after.  King Mackrel, Vermilion Snapper, and Shark.  We came home with 87 lbs for fish.  Chad caught the most as I was having back spasms and I had to rest some after fighting the fish.  When we got home Linda had fixed Chicken, Corn and  Green Beans,  We were in heaven.  Thursday I got up with my back really hurting and Chad took his Kayak to Lighthouse Islands and fished by himself.  I rested my back and spent time with my wife.  She has been great during the week doing nothing while we spent it fishing.  Chad took us to Trout Street Bar and Grill for some of the best food, Linda had Chicken Breast I had shrimp fettuccine, and Chad had baked drum.  We took the ferry over and rode around the island some after eating.  Chad got up early on Friday and went to the Jetty to catch some Ghost Shrimp and when he got back he had picked up the fish we caught that was cleaned by the boat crew and frozen.  He had to get another cooler to haul it, as there was so much.  Linda does not like seafood and I sent my part home with him with the guarantee that when we come up he will grill some for me.  Linda and I ran some errands after he got off and ate a light dinner.  I have lost 2" in my waist and about 15 lbs.  Don't have a scale so I can't give an accurate weight.  I hope to have lost 40 lbs by the time we get home.  Saturday Linda and I got up and went to the pot luck breakfast at the resort.  We took Strawberries to it and had a great breakfast.  We then went shopping and I got a new 26" Vizio TV for the storage area so that we can sit outside and watch it.  I had to rewire the cable system but it only took me about an hour to get it up and running.  We then watched the football games and had Hot Dogs for dinner.  WE got up late today and after riding my bike to the office and getting the paper we sat around and read for the most part of the day.  I put out the awning and we watch the Falcons get beat, then we watched the Broncos win, My man Tebow had a great game.  Pittsburgh did  good but the Broncos were just that little bit luckier.  We had a light dinner.  I get up in the morning and have coffee with the men and solve the worlds problems.  We will leave here on the 5th of March and take 4 days to get to Lebanon Tn for a Staff Meeting with the Tennessee Good Sam's Staff, then go to our summer campsite in Spring City.  We will use that as our home base and travel from it.  I have already made reservations for here in Oct.  We will stay here for 5 months then.  Until next time God Bless and see you on the road.  Check out the pictures I have posted especially the one with the Sun going down.  All of them were taken with my I-Phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment