Friday, February 17, 2012

Austin Trip

We arrived in Austin on Thursday and after eating lunch at Freebirds (if you have never tried it you need to)  I had a Monster Burrito with beef.  Had a Corona to chase it.  Went back to Debi's and just caught up with everyone.  Todd picked me up on Friday morning and we went to The Container Store to pick up a couple milk crates to fix up for the Kayak, we then picked up Chad and went to Austin Kayak to look Arond, we then headed to Cabelas for the have to trip each time we go there.  After picking up a few supplies we went back to Austin where we ate at Hut's, I had a Hut burger and onion rings, they were some of the best I have ever had.  We dropped Chad off and Todd and I went to the new super Academy store.  We then went back to the house where we started getting ready to have a fish fry. (These are the fish that Chad and I caught)  Tammy, Lauren, Chad, Todd, Chelsea and Ryder came over and we had a great meal and fellowship.  Got up on Saturday and cut down a tree in Debi's yard.  We got ready to go eat for Tammy's birthday (she lives across the street and is like another sister), we went to Pluckers which is a wing restaurant it was good also.returned back to the house and went to bed.  Got up on Sunday and returned to Rockport.  On the way home we stopped at a truck stop called Bucees, I got a pound of jerky and about fainted when they told me how much it cost $30.00.  Linda said that we will eat every bite.  Got up early on Monday and took the truck to the store so that they could install the front hitch for the kayak carrier.  We did some shopping this week for Linda, she wants to learn how to fish so we got her some equipment, Rod and Reel, some lures, a tackle box, and today we got her a life vest.  I hope to put the Kayak in the water this Sunday as I have installed everything that I need for it.  My crate system is finished.  I will post pics when I can.  Take care and we will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment