Monday, February 20, 2012

Maiden Voyage









As most of you know Linda and I bought a Kayak to take with us so that I can use it to fish.  We have been outfitting it, well I have been outfitting it and Linda just stands by and shakes her head at me.  We even went and bought her some fishing equipment as she is wanting to learn.  Before she took a chair and her Kindle to read.  Well we got to take it out Sunday here, we had a great day, Sunshine and 80 degree weather.  Took it to HWY 361 which leads to Port Aransas from Aransas Pass and has water on both sides.  Launched it and got supplies in it then paddled across that channel and fished for a while, Main thing was to familarize myself with the Kayak as I am a newbie to it.  What a great day, didn't catch any fish but did have a strike.  I have always fished fresh water and trout fishing.  Saltwater is really different.  Since we will come back to Rockport in Oct. I am getting my saltwater lures and stuff together.  I can't wait until then.  I hope to use the Kayak this summer in fresh water and go for Bass.  We also had a Great White Egret take up residence next to the RV, I think he/she like the Flamingos but doesn't know they are fake.  Well anyway here is some pics for you.  Until next time have a great day .

No comments:

Post a Comment